Why not make your own mayonnaise? If you have a blender you can have it made in minutes. By making your own, you save money, reduce waste, and you know that the ingredients are fresh and pure and contain no preservatives.
1 whole egg
½ tsp. Salt
pinch Cayenne (opt.)
½ tsp. Prepared or dry mustard
2 tbsp. Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
1 cup Safflower or olive oil
1 tsp. Honey (opt.)
- Combine in blender the egg and flavourings and ¼ cup of oil.
- Cover, and on low speed, blend until well mixed.
- If you have no opening in the lid, take off the whole cover and in a very thin steady stream, add half of the remaining oil.
- Only when mixture thickens, add the lemon juice and blend.
- Continue slowly pouring in the rest of the oil.
For best results keep all ingredients at room temperature